Find out more about Workflow Management Software
What is Workflow Management Software?
Workflow management software coordinates interactions between employees and software apps. It synchronizes the flow and interaction patterns across automated and human tasks. This expertise has improved over the course of the past 20 years. It has evolved from a technology that is embedded within individual systems to a middleware-like technology, shared as a utility across multiple platforms.
Workflow management technology is presented in specialized forms. For example, human workflow technology solutions place software controls around manual tasks to better manage and harmonize them. This category of workflow is separate from document and image-centric workflow, and assists interactions and steering with semi-structured content.
Most Popular Workflow Management Software
Best Workflow Management Software
How To Choose The Best Workflow Management Software
Workflow management software can help to organize and streamline your business process. But how do you select a suitable app from the scores of products out there? This buyer’s guide helps you by outlining the top features, benefits, and factors to consider to find the best business workflow management software for your needs.
Get to know each product with free trial
A good way to start your search is by registering for the free trials offered by the best business workflow management software apps in the market. This will give you a chance to try out each product’s main features at no cost. You can start by finding out whether the following top products offer a free trial: Trackvia, inMotion, LogicGate, PerfectForms, and Tallyfy.
- Small and medium-sized companies can use this software to track and improve their business workflows.
- Large enterprises and multinational corporations can use this system to track and execute business process in real time.
Examples of Workflow Management Software
- Trackvia: Workflow software for business. You can use TrackVia’s low-code platform to deliver customized mobile and web workflow apps easily and quickly.
- inMotion: An all-in-one platform designed for the unique project management needs and workflows of creative and marketing teams. You can use the software to get tangible value that boosts your business.
- LogicGate: This solution enables companies to create agile enterprise process applications that deliver workflow automation and process efficiency. It helps organizations to reduce risks and compliance violations with its ‘agile GRC’ platform.
- PerfectForms: You can create unique online forms for your website with this easy to use workflow software. PerfectForms enables anyone to create surveys, web forms, applications, and detailed reporting without writing any code.
- Tallyfy: A process management app to track and improve any workflow. This platform ensures business processes are consistent and continuously improving.
Types of Workflow Management Software
There are three types of workflow management software: feature-based, integration-based, and technology-based.
- In the feature-based model, workflow apps run from basic to advanced.
- The integration-based model looks at how the workflow app is implemented or integrated within another platform.
- The technology model looks at the technology upon which the solution is created.
Key Features of Workflow Management Software
- WYSIWYG form designer: It is important to create a simple form that can be easily filled by users. Good quality software offer a form designer that lets you view in real time what your form will look like for your users. They provide an intuitive and easy to use form designer that doesn’t need a consultant to help you learn to use it.
- KPI-based reports: A robust KPI-based reporting feature enables you to see and analyze where obstacles are and where to focus your attention.
- SLA status indicators: When you are automating several processes you need to know quickly which ones are on track and which ones need to be improved. The software uses color codes or a similar feature to inform you about the workflows you need to focus on.
- Role-based access control: Business workflows have sensitive information that should not be accessed by all users. Workflow management systems enable you to customize what each user can see and edit based on their role.
Benefits of Workflow Management Software
Workflow management software is web-based which gives employees easy access to data on any device with internet access. Good systems also offer an app for offline workflow to enable users to keep working even when there is no internet connection. Another advantage is multiple employees can access the system simultaneously which boosts everyone’s productivity.
Revenue and reporting
Workflow management applications offer robust tools for business owners to evaluate jobs and associated expenses daily. They provide you up to date information every day, and you can also resolve any concerns early to compensate and improve margins. Reporting dashboards and tools allow you to see snapshots across your entire company, as well as drill down into minute details.
Most workflow management software vendors offer month-to-month payment plans. You can pay a one-time activation fee for a new account that covers the expenses of the account, setup costs, and training. However, do your research beforehand to find about any additional fees apart from the monthly subscription.
Ease of use
Not all systems are easy to use even though they may offer good features. Therefore, check out the free trials of different apps to find out how easy they are to learn and use so that your employees have a short learning curve which enables them to quickly start using the system effectively.
Simplicity is in
Many companies are using workflow management software to reduce technology options and to depend more on repeatable methods, checklists, and processes to create desired behaviors. The system helps them to use processes that are easy to create, modify, and update as needed, and can be managed by business users without needing the help of IT staff.
Focus on collaboration
Companies are using workflows to improve collaboration to boost productivity. They are utilizing process-driven tools to enable employees to create, share, and distribute together.
Less reliance on IT unit
Cloud-based workflow management apps have easy to use interfaces which means companies need less help from their IT unit to deploy, manage, and maintain systems and support users. Organizations are investing in solutions that provide interfaces and tools to help employees address most issues on their own which boosts decision-making and efficiency.
Agreeing on methodology
As there are multiple business workflow management methodologies and tools available, it can be difficult for a company’s management to decide which one to use. For instance, in an organization there may be Lean methodology and Six Sigma advocates as well as those who wish to combine the two. Therefore, it is important to get agreement on methodology and tooling and to adapt the chosen method to your company’s specific needs.
Improving your employees’ skills
It can be hard to find people who are skilled at using business workflow management software. Therefore, it is important to train your existing employees to learn and use the software properly. Companies need to invest time and effort to boost the skill level of employees in using the solution effectively which will result in greater efficiency and productivity.
List of Workflow Management Software Companies
Page last modified
Our Score Read More
Our review platform uses our proprietary SmartScore™ method to gather information about all the software in the Workflow Management Software category to help you choose the best possible service. It analyzes the following elements: cruscial modules, collaboration elements, custom elements, available integrations, intuitiveness, customer support, how secure a software is, support for smartphones and tablets, scores in other media. As of now, dapulse is the leader in this category and is recommended by our experts. After detailed research and analysis it had the best results among its competitors and our experts strongly suggest that you consider it as one of the choices for your business.
User Satisfaction Read More
A look at overall user satisfaction with the software in our Workflow Management Software category calculated using our unique algorythm that analyzes customer reviews, comments and opinions across a wide set of social media platforms in order to help you make an educated purchase decision.
Pricing Read More
Every vendor in the Workflow Management Software category will provide a different group of pricing packages for its service and every package will include a different group of tools. Below we list the general pricing for the most affordable package offered for each app. Keep in mind that advanced features may cost extra.
Devices Supported Read More
An analysis of what type of devices and operating systems are supported by the listed B2B tools in the Workflow Management Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Laguages Supported Read More
Check what languages and geographies are served by the top B2B solutions in the Workflow Management Software category, including spftware intended for international markets and created for multi-cultural teams of employees.
Pricing Model Read More
Learn what pricing packages are supported by the vendors in the Workflow Management Software category to see which one fits your business preferences and budget best. Note that some software can offer free or freemium accounts for you to test first.
Customer Types Read More
An overview of which groups of companies a selected B2B software in the Workflow Management Software category is designed for, from small businesses and non-profits to big enterprises.
Deployment Read More
A summary of what styles of service deployement are offered by each B2B vendor in the Workflow Management Software category. While almost all modern SaaS services are cloud-based there are services might offer an on-site deployment model as well.